Reflecting on Your Skills & Qualifications
By understanding your strengths and weaknesses, you can tailor your job search to focus on the positions and companies that are a good fit for you.
Step 1: Style: How do you show up on paper (resume, application, LinkedIn)?
- Problem: You're not sure how to present yourself on paper
- Framework: Reflecting on your resume, application, and LinkedIn profile to understand how you show up on paper
- Explanation: Your resume, application, and LinkedIn profile are often the first things that an employer will see, so it's important to make sure they are a good representation of you. Reflect on the format, language, and design of your documents, and consider whether they are effectively highlighting your skills and experiences.
- Questions to help dig deeper: How does your resume, application, and LinkedIn profile compare to those of other candidates in your industry? What can you do to make them stand out?
Step 2: Substance: What do you know how to do?
- Problem: You're not sure what skills and experiences you have to offer
- Framework: Reflecting on your skills and experiences to understand what you can bring to the table
- Explanation: Reflect on your past experiences and accomplishments, and consider what skills you have developed as a result. Consider what you excel at and what you enjoy doing, and think about how those skills and experiences can be applied to the job you're applying for.
- Questions to help dig deeper: What are your top three skills? What accomplishments are you most proud of? How can you leverage your skills and experiences to stand out in your job search?
Step 3: Systems: What tools & software do you know how to use?
- Problem: You're not sure what tools and software you're proficient in
- Framework: Reflecting on the tools and software you know how to use
- Explanation: Many jobs require the use of specific tools and software. Reflect on what you know how to use and what you're proficient in. This will help you identify jobs that are a good fit for you and tailor your application to show that you have the necessary skills.
- Questions to help dig deeper: What are the top three tools and software you know how to use? How can you show that you're proficient in them?
In conclusion, by reflecting on your skills and conducting a self-assessment, you can tailor your job search to focus on the positions and companies that are a good fit for you.
Remember to reflect on your style, substance, and systems, and to take the time to understand your strengths and weaknesses.
Helping people get the career of their dreams!
Make an Extra $900 per Month: Earn Money with Plasma Donations
Learn how you too can make some extra cash by donating plasma. Read this blog post to discover my experience at BioLife Plasma and how you can get up to $900 in the first month. Plus, watch my video where I share all the details on what it's really like to donate plasma. Don't miss out on this easy and fast side hustle opportunity!
Side Hustles 101: How to Build Your Skills and Earn Extra Cash Without Quitting Your Day Job
Discover the benefits of having a side hustle, and learn how to find the right side hustle for you based on your skills and interests! We'll provide you with practical examples and tips on how to build your side hustle while working your 9-5 job, so you can achieve your goals without sacrificing your financial stability.